Tian Junwu is a Professor of English Literature with interests in interdisciplinary study of literature and other subjects such as science, law, medicine and war at Beihang University. He received his Ph. D in literature from Beijing Normal University in 2003. From 2011 to 2012 ,he worked as a Sino-US Fulbrighter at Yale University, doing research on the American journey literature..Over the past 10 years, Dr. Tian has worked on English literature and has been the author of more than 90 journal articles and 2 books., one of which , John Steinbeck’s Pursuit of Novel Poetics was selected into the Library of Doctoral Dissertations in Social Sciences in China.
1. John Steinbeck’s Pursuit of Poetics, The China Social Science Press, 2006.
2.From Plato to Nietzsche----A Survey of Classical Western Critical Theory. Chengdu: Sichuan University Press, 2010.
1. “The Dramatic Novellas of John Steinbeck”,. Foreign Literature Reviews, 1999. (1)
2. “On Implied Meaning of Names in The Scarlet Letter ”. Foreign Literature Studies, 1999 (1)
3. “On the Construction of American Escape Literature” . Foreign Literature. 1999 (3)
4. “Dramatic Fiction: A Genre of Inter-textual Writing”. : Foreign Literature Review, 2001.(1)
5. “ On the Origin and Development of Folly Literature in Britain and America”. Foreign Literature. 2003 (3)
6. “On the Poetic Language of John Steinbeck’s Fiction”.Foreign Literature Studies, 2004.(4)
7. “Shakespeare: Study, Controversy and Re-evaluation in the Context of Globalization”, Foreign Literature Studies, 2012 (1)